Monday, October 31, 2011

Chicken Soup

Chicken soup is so yummy and so easy! Before the GAPS diet I didn't make soup very often, but I always loved when someone else made it :) Now, I am making it a couple of times a week. I am amazed at how much flavor the soup has with no added bouillon! Dieter says, "I don't yike onions" so I have to blend them so he doesn't no there in there.

2-3 Carrots
2-3 Celery stalks
Leftover chicken from stock making
8 cups Chicken stock, homemade
1 Onion
Sea salt
Black pepper, freshly ground
Any other fresh vegetables you desire, such as broccoli, cauliflower, green peas, kale, cabbage, etc.

-Peel carrots, rinse celery and slice both into small pieces.
-Slice your onion
-Into a large stockpot, add the carrots, celery, onion, leftover chicken
and 8 cups of chicken stock. Add in any other vegetables that you would like.
-Simmer over medium heat until the vegetables are soft. Season soup with sea
salt and pepper to taste.

{Recipe adapted from CHEESESLAVE}

No comments: