Monday, October 10, 2011

Allergies a blessing?

I recently read the children's book Pollyanna. In the book she plays a "glad game" where she looks for something to be thankful for in every situation. Her game spreads through out the town and every one is happier because of it. Well, I thought of Dieter's allergies. I noticed his allergies when he was 5 months old (eczema and vomiting). His allergies continued to get worse and worse and it seemed anything he came in contact with his skin broke out (rubber, latex, plastic, citrus, the list goes on...). He is now 28 months old and can't have soy, corn, dairy, gluten, refined sugars, tree nuts. Nothing processed or packaged as they contain soy/and or corn. I have thought about the paths we have taken and the trials we have had. I have realized God gives us trials to make us stronger. He wants us to learn something along the way. But the amazing thing is, through it all He never leaves our side. He is our guide, our companion. My family still has a long journey ahead but I do feel so blessed to be where I am today.


Here the link to the book if your interested:

1 comment:

daisy g said...

I so hear ya! We have multiple allergies in our family and learning to cook has been such a blessing. We never know how we are able to cope with things until we are given the challenge!