Tuesday, April 10, 2012

What we eat

Samantha eating applesauce.

I've had some questions on what we usually eat. I love simple meals. A few times a week I am trying out different recipes, but we usually eat the same things. I should get more creative! Kimball and I do go out to eat. Maybe once or twice a month.

Breakfast
Eggs. Always. There easy and Dieter loves them.
Smoothie with milk kefir and pineapple. We only have this when I have pineapple.
On Sundays we have sausage.

Lunch
Usually leftovers. I loved having soups all winter. It was so easy to have for leftovers.
Pizza. It is easy to cook up for Dieter.
Ground hamburger with salt.
Chicken.
Steamed broccoli and cauliflower.

Dinner
I have to be more creative for dinner. If I remember, I will start cooking a chicken or beef roast in the afternoon.
I am big on sourdough pizza right now (for Kimball and I).
Pork chops. Our whole family loves those.
Spagetti is easy.
I've been making these biscuits a lot.
Steamed vegetables.
Fermented carrots.
Home canned beans.
Home canned honey peaches.
Beets.
Squash. We don't have any more in the root cellar. It is so expensive to buy, but I still do it.
Now that it is getting warmer. I will be looking for a lot more crock pot recipes.

Snacks/Desserts
We all love these almond biscuits.
Coconut flour bread is good.
If I need a treat, I cook custard, pudding, or gingersnap cookies. They are all simple.
Raisins. Dieter loves them. Really people. I think he would choose raisins over anything.
Dried apricots or nectarines.

What Samantha Eats
Breast milk.
Chicken and stock.
Steamed broccoli and cauliflower/ vegetables.
Eggs. Boiled (I only give her the yoke) and scrambled.
Homemade applesauce.
Fermented carrots.
Bananas.
Dried Apricots. I let her suck on them until they fall apart. Then I take them.
I give her the crust on Dieter's pizza.
Squash.
Raisins.

There you have it. I'm sure I have missed many things but that gives you a idea. Oh, and I am trying not to snack and trying not to give Dieter snacks. You might think I am strict, but he eats better when he doesn't snack. I will give him a snack in-between lunch and dinner.



2 comments:

Sarah said...

I've chosen your blog to receive a Liebster award! Check it out!

http://naturalparentingunnaturalworld.blogspot.com/2012/04/raising-isabella-been-given-liebster.html

Keep up the good work!

Emily said...

Great ideas! I feel like we get often get stuck in a rut and have the same things over and over!