Thursday, April 5, 2012

Basic Biscuits


Hello again! I have been absent for a couple of days. I had some weird bump removed off of my leg...my leg has been sore and I haven't been motivated to do anything. It is feeling much better today! And, I can't let the tornado (which has currently visited every room) continue to destroy the inside of my house! :) I think I will spend all morning just doing dishes (I don't have a dishwasher...well, yes I do...it's me) :)

I can't believe I have ever bought biscuits! These are so easy to make and hardly take any time. I do want to try a batch to freeze. It would be great to just pull them out of your freezer and bake them!

2 cups Flour
3 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 cup Butter
3/4 cup Milk

-Preheat oven to 425°
-Mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.
-Cut in butter. Stir.
-Add milk.
-Turn dough onto floured surface; knead lightly 20-25 times. Roll dough out to 1/2" thick. Cut with floured biscuit cutter or a glass.
-Place on ungreased baking sheet and bake 10-12 minutes.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

love your blog. youre saving me tonight with this recipe i bookmarked long ago! im totally not seeing a temp though!! im guessing 350? its kinda my go-to temp, lol!! thanks again!