Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Gluten Free Pizza



This is the first time Dieter has had pizza. He loved it! I made Dieter's pizza without cheese. The toppings I added were sausage and mushrooms. I cooked the sausage and sauted the mushrooms before adding them. You can add any topping you like! I loved the sauce. I will definately make it again!

*I didn't think this was enough food for my small family. I would double the recipe for my family*


{Pizza Crust Recipe from The Healthy Home Economist}


Pizza Crust

4 Eggs
1/4 cup Coconut Flour
1/4 cup Plain Yogurt (I used Milk Kefir. If you can't have that, try Coconut Milk Kefir)
1 tsp Onion powder
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Basil
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1/4 tsp Sea salt

-Whip the eggs in a large bowl with the yogurt and sea salt.
-Add the coconut flour and whip until very smooth with no lumps.
-Blend in the onion powder, oregano, basil, and garlic.
-Line a pizza pan with parchment paper. Gently pour about 1/2 the batter onto the paper lined pan. Use a spatula or other kitchen utensil to spread the batter into an 8-9″ circle that is quite thin (the thinner the better).
-Bake at 400F for 10 minutes.
-Remove pan from oven, add homemade pizza sauce, cheese and other toppings as desired.
-Place back in the oven for 5-8 more minutes.
-Repeat this process with the remaining half of the coconut flour batter.

Roasted Tomato Sauce

2 1/2 pounds Tomatoes, quartered
1 Onion, diced
1 Green Bell Pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 Red Bell Pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
1 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
1-2 TBsp Basil
1-2 TBsp Oregano

-Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
-In a 9x13 baking pan, toss together tomatoes, onion, bell peppers, oil, salt, and crushed red pepper. Roast for 1 hour.
-Remove pan, fold in basil and oregano. Cook for 30 minutes more.
-In a food processor, blend vegetables until pureed. Use immediately, refrigerate for up to 2 weeks, or freeze.

Pin It

1 comment:

Tessa Domestic Diva said...

My kiddos are thrilled for pizza night every time, I make a crust with raw buckwheat groats, but also enjoy bob's pizza crust mix. Even without cheese, pizza is tasty! We launched Allergy Free Wednesdays tonight, come on over a share one of your yummy recipes!
http://tessadomesticdiva.blogspot.com/2012/01/allergy-free-wednesdays.html