I shared this recipe over at HowDoesShe. It's a good one! If you can't have dairy or gluten, no problem. Use coconut flour and coconut milk kefir (in place of yogurt). You will love them!
Marinate your chicken in the yogurt mixture. Marinate at least 4 hours and up to 4 days.
When your chicken is done marinating, you can roll the pieces around in flour individually, or use a plastic freezer bag. Fill it with flour and shake until the chicken is coated.
Next, is the frying. The oil is hot enough when it starts to have small bubbles. I tested out a few nuggets to make sure it was hot enough. Adjust your heat as needed. Your oil should NEVER smoke.
Place nuggets on a drying rack to cool. Make sure you put a cookie sheet underneath to catch any dripping oil.
Salt to taste. Serve with you favorite dipping sauce.
3 pounds Chicken Meat
2 cups Plain Yogurt (add more if needed)
1 Onion, chopped
2-3 Garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 tsp Paprika
1-2 pinches Cayenne pepper
1 1/2 – 2 cups Flour
1/2 tsp Sea salt
1/2 tsp Ground pepper
2 cups Coconut Oil or oil of your choice for frying
1. Cut the chicken into nugget-sized pieces.
2. Place chicken in 9x13 dish and mix in the yogurt, chopped onion, garlic, paprika and cayenne pepper. Put in fridge for a minimum of 4 hours and up to 2 days.
2. When done marinating, place chicken in a colander and drain off the excess yogurt and onion/garlic pieces.
3. Add the flour, sea salt, ground pepper, and chicken pieces to a large plastic freezer bag, zip to seal, and shake until the chicken is completely coated.
4. Set your skillet or large saucepan on medium heat and add the 2 cups of oil.
5. The oil is hot enough when it starts to bubble — but not so hot that it’s smoking. Add the chicken pieces to the pan and fry for 3-5 minutes on each side, until dark golden brown.
6. Using tongs, remove chicken nuggets from the pan and place on a cooling rack, on a plate, or cookie sheet lined with a paper towel.
7. Add sea salt to taste.
Moms Crazy CookingToday's Creative BlogThe Thrifty HomeAsk AnnaKeeping it SimpleC.R.A.F.T.Skip to my LouThe Girl CreativeNourishing TreasuresEverything Under the MoonAn Original BelleThe Healthy Home EconomistTodays Creative BlogChef in TrainingTip JunkieCoastal CharmA Bowl Full of LemonsHope StudiosSimply Sugar and Gluten FreeRuth's Real FoodRecipe RoundupSweet and SavoryLearning the Frugal LifeGrowing HomeNot Just a House WifeReal Food ForagerCreative ChaosCooking Traditional FoodsFrugally SustainableRuby JeanCrazy for CrustThe Southern Product QueenTales of a Trophy WifeCrystal and CoSomeday CraftDomestically SpeakingBlue Cricket DesignSew Much AdoWe Are That FamilyRaising HomemakersBeyond the Picket FenceHandyman Crafty WomanLil LunaMomnivoresGluten Free HomemakerThat Stuff of SuccessKelly the Kitchen KopDay 2 Day JoysLinda's LunacyBeyond the PeelMade Famous ByTessa the Domestic DivaChatty ChicsSomewhat SimpleBeyond the Picket FenceThe Shabby Creek CottageHouse of HepworthsThe Diaper Diaries Thrifty 101Delightful OrderBear Rabbit BearWhile He was NappingChic on a Shoestring DecoratingFingerprints on the FridgeTomorrow FarmShabby NestFun to CraftFinding FabulousMy Romantic HouseLovely Crafty HomeNot Your Ordinary RecipesAllergy Free CookeryCooking at Cafe DMom TrendsOne Artsy MamaLiving WellLiving Life IntentionallyBe Different Act NormalEasy Natural FoodOur Simple FarmThe Crafty Blog StalkerRaising IsabellaMix it up Monday