Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Butterscotch Brownies


I loved these! And there is a reason why I don't make treats like this very often...I eat them. All of them. They are delicious. If you can't have dairy, use coconut oil instead of butter.

*They really taste like Butterscotch. I promise!* :)

3/4 cup Butter
3 cups Brown Sugar
3 eggs, beaten
2 1/4 cups flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
3/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp Vanilla
1 cup Pecans or Walnuts, chopped
1 cup Flaked Coconut

-In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat; remove from heat and cool.
-Blend in brown sugar and eggs.
-In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt; add to first mixture and blend well.
-Stir in vanilla, nuts, and coconut.
-Spread in greased 9x13 pan and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Yum! These sound so good!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Oh, yum. I would love these bars. They look SO good!ou

momto8 said...

look great!! why are they called butterscotch?