Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Chocolate Donuts



I made these on Valentine's Day. Some of these ingredients I usually try to avoid. However, I loved them! I will not be making again them for a long, long time (do to the fact that I ate just about all of them while Kimball was at work). I didn't have a donut pan so I used a bite-sized Bundt pan. It worked just fine.




Chocolate Donuts

1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp salt
1 cup buttermilk
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
3 Tbs butter. Melted


Glaze

2 Tbs Butter, Melted
2 Tbs corn syrup
3 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup orange juice
2 Tbs heavy Cream


Directions

-Preheat the oven to 325°.
-Grease baking pan.
-Combine all of the dry ingredients.
-In a separate bowl beat buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients.
-Add melted butter to the batter. Mix well.
-Spoon batter into baking pan and cook 18-22 minutes (if your using a 6 donut pan, start checking around 10 minutes)
-Remove donuts from pan and cool on a cooling rack.
-Mix all of the glaze ingredients together.
-Once donuts have cooled, dip them in the glaze. Let glaze set. Dip again. Let glaze set. Dip again (3 dippings).

1 comment:

Who is G? said...

yum. I think this will have to be our fhe treat this week