Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Sweet Potato Pie with Secret Walnuts


{Recipe from Joel Fuhrman, M.D.}


I loved tasting the orange juice in this recipe. If you can't have walnuts, substitute in a different nut or leave nuts out.

6 sweet potatoes
2 peeled oranges
1/4 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons date sugar (I'm sure any sweetener would work. I would use raw honey)
1 cup walnut halves
1 15-ounce can unsweetened pineapple rings

-Bake sweet potatoes 70 minutes, until soft. Remove from oven and remove skin and any browned area.
-Blend oranges, juice, date sugar, and walnuts together in blender.
-Mix in the sweet potato
-Spoon into glass baking dish, place pineapple rings on top
-Bake for 10 mintues at 300 degrees

1 comment:

Kayla Retich said...

Looks yummy. I'll have to print this one and give it a try with my daughter.