Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Spaghetti Sauce and Squash



So was it wrong of me to tell Dieter he was eating noodles when it was really spaghetti squash? He has never been able to have "regular" noodles before, always rice noodles but now he is off of all rice products. He really liked the squash and he kept saying, "I yike noodles." Oh, poor child! One day you won't have allergies! I got my spaghetti sauce recipe from a close friend and it's the only one I use now. Use it on noodles or squash. Both equally delicious!

2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
1 large can Stewed Tomatoes (28 oz. Or 1 quart jar of home canned tomatoes)
1 can Tomatoe Sauce (8 oz)
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Pepper
Salt to taste

-Cook olive oil and Italian seasoning together for a few minutes to soften seasoning
-Add remaining ingredients to oil mixture and cook until warm

Link Up Here
The Thrifty Home

2 comments:

Jacinda Vandenberg said...

Mmmm! I'm sure the squash spaghetti is much healthier anyway! I have yet to try it like that but you've inspired me to give it a whirl!

Thanks for linking this recipe up to Growing Home!

Vicky @ Mess For Less said...

Sounds yummy! Can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing. I am a new follower from While He Was Napping. Vicky from Mess For Less