Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Meet Our Animals

This is Rabbit. In the summer a cute brown rabbit showed up...it had babies...6 babies...Here is one of them. We need to do something with them before we have lots of bunnies. I have heard rabbit tastes like chicken...I don't know if I am brave enough :)


This hen had 5 chicks. Cute!


Dieter loves his boots and who needs pants anyway? Here are a few of our laying chickens. We have around 20.


2 cows. The brown cow we were going to eat...It had a baby. We'll eat it next year :)The black and white cow is a milk cow that we are going to try to get pregnant.


Baby cow. It's cute. I don't know what we are going to do with it :)


Here are some meat chickens. We have 80. We will have them for a month or so longer.

4 comments:

nicolette {momnivores dilemma} said...

You are living this urban mama's dream!

I'm following you now, as we are trasitioning to GAPS/SCD soon...

{thanks for the sweet comment on my site...}

*your kids are adorable...

Brittany said...

Your kids are precious!

Chantel said...

This is why the girls like to come to Dieter's house!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog!

I've never had rabbit either, but heard they are easy to butcher and one of the most sustainable meats...

I'm contemplating trying to raise one myself, but maybe later...:)