Friday, November 11, 2011

Pumpkin Squares



This is a perfect recipe for the season! I love the coconut crust! I live next door to my in-laws and I had them sample this recipe (They're are my very supportive guinea pigs :) They liked it as well!

Crust:
2 cups Shredded or Flaked Coconut
1/4 cup Honey
1/2 cup Coconut Oil

Filling:
1 1/2 cups Pumpkin Puree or Squash
2 eggs
1/4 cup Honey
2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/4 tsp Salt
Grated rind of 1 Lemon
1 cup Coconut Cream or Coconut Milk

-Make pie crust first. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
-Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and transfer to a 8x8 baking dish and press firmly against bottom.
-Bake for 30 minutes or until crust is a dark golden color. Allow to cool to room temperature.
-To make filling, cream eggs with honey. Gradually blend in other ingredients. Pour into prebaked coconut crust and bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes until firm.
-Store in fridge.
-Top with sweetened coconut cream (That's the thick stuff that has seperated from the milk when you open a can of coconut milk)

Link Up
Moms Crazy Cooking

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SO intrigued by this coconut crust...I love untraditional crusts and that is something I haven't tried!

Brittany said...

Yummy! That crust is intriguing...must make this!

Erin said...

Oh, these sound YUMMY!

jo said...

Yummy! My kids would love these. Thanks for sharing another recipe that I would love to try.

Lea H @ Nourishing Treasures said...

Thank you for your submission on Nourishing Treasures' Make Your Own! Monday link-up.

I would love to feature this, but I don't see a link back! :(

Nicole @ Special Diet Creations said...

What a lovely blog you have! This recipe looks soooo yummy! I love anything grain free. Thanks for stopping by my blog as well. Look forward to more great recipes from you!