Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pecan Tarts


{Recipe from Family Fun}


Okay, I don't have a picture of the finished project. I filled them too full...they exploded all over the tin...and I burned them. Yep, not my best cooking job. However, if they weren't burned, these would be delicious. I wouldn't cook them as long as it says. Maybe 10 minutes, then lower to temperature and cook for 5-10 more minutes? You will have to watch them!

And sorry, not very allergy friendly. I am trying to have a variety of recipes on my blog. Recipes from scratch...

Crust:

1/2 cup Butter, at room temperature
3-ounce package cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup Unbleached Flour
1 tsp Cornmeal
1/4 tsp Sea Salt

Pecan Filling:

1/2 cup Pecans
1 Egg
3/4 cup Brown Sugar (I used Rapunzel)
1 TBsp Butter, melted
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/8 tsp Sea Salt
1/8 tsp Grated Nutmeg
Pinch of Cinnamon

-Generously grease a 24-cup mini-muffin tin with butter.
-Heat oven to 350 degrees.
-Cream the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add the flour, cornmeal, and salt. Beat until a dough forms (I ended up using my hands).
-Divide the dough into quarters, then divide each quarter into six equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball.
-Dust your hands with flour, then drop a ball of dough into each muffin cup. Using your thumb, flatten the dough and press it around the sides of the cup to form a shell.
-Chop the pecans and sprinkle 1 tsp of nuts into each pastry shell.
-In a large bowl, whisk the egg, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
-Add 1 1/2 teaspoons of the egg mixture to each cup. *Do not fill them too full. I did and it made a huge mess*
-Bake the tarts for 15 minutes. Lower the temperature to 325 degrees and bake for 10-15 more minutes. * I wouldn't bake them that long. See my opinion above*
-Set the pan on a rack to cool.

Pin It

1 comment: