Thursday, December 8, 2011

Rice Pudding


{Recipe from Nourishing Traditions}


I made another sweet little treat! I didn't have the crispy pecans and they would have been so good. I think next time I make this I will add a little more maple syrup :) I have such a sweet tooth!

2 cups cooked brown rice
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon cinamon
2 cups raisins, preferably organic
3/4 cup crispy pecans, chopped (they are pecans that have been soaked and dehydrated)

-Beat eggs with cream, maple syrup, vanilla, sea salt, and cinnamon.
-Stir in rice, pecans and raisins
-Pour into buttered casserole dish and bake for about 50 minutes at 325 degrees.

4 comments:

Brandi said...

Yum! I love rice pudding, but I can never seem to make it right! LOL!! Thanks for sharing your recipe!

Unknown said...

Mmmm! Rice pudding is delicious! Unfortunately, I'm the only one in my household with that opinion, so I don't get it very often! Thanks for linking your yummy recipe at Shine On Fridays!

Anonymous said...

I've always loved rice pudding, my mom used to make it for me.

Hope you had a wonderful holiday! (We're traveling, so I'm catching up on last week.)

Thanks for linking up to Momtrends.com Friday Food!

Dana @ Cooking At Cafe D said...

This looks amazing!

We've featured your Brown Rice Pudding at http://bit.ly/xUBRrH

Feel free to drop by and and link up another post or 2 - http://bit.ly/xUBRrH

We hope everyone tries it!
All the best,
Dana
Cooking at Cafe D