Thursday, December 22, 2011

Green. Green. Green.



Green is the overall theme of this soup! It is Cream of Broccoli Soup. I love broccoli so I really enjoyed it. Kimball liked it, but I know he wouldn't choose it if their were another option. Next time I make it, I will add other vegetables (carrots, potatoes, cauliflower...) I didn't have any, but sourdough bread would be so good with it!

4 cups Chicken Broth or water
1 1/2 TBsp. Olive Oil
1 Onion, chopped
2 large or 3 medium Broccoli crowns, coarsely chopped
2 cups Great Northern or White Beans, cooked
2 cups frozen Green Peas, thawed
1 cup Milk (your choice)
1 tsp. dry Dill or 1 TBsp. fresh
Salt and Pepper to taste

-Saute the onions in oil until golden.
-Add broccoli and broth.
-Bring to a simmer, cover and cook until broccoli is soft.
-In the blender, puree the peas and the beans. Pour into soup.
-Add enough milk to give the soup a medium thick consistency.
-Season with dill, salt, and pepper.
-Reheat.

1 comment:

Ruby Jean said...

I Love Broccoli and Cheese soup... I always order it when it's on the Menu... But I have never tried making it myself... So this is a Great Base to use... Really All I need is the CHEESE!!! :)