Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Tomato-Cheddar Strata with Broccoli

I found this recipe in one of the Country Living Magazines. It was really good! I even made my own ricotta cheese (I'll post that recipe someday). I used sourdough bread for this, but you can use whatever bread you like.

4 1/2 cups 1-inch Bread Cubes, about three-quarters of a French loaf
Butter, for greasing dish
1 1/2 cups Cheddar Cheese
1 cup halved Grape Tomatoes
1 cup Broccoli Florets
2 Tbsp Parsley
8 Eggs
3 cups Milk
1 1/4 tsp Salt
1/8 tsp Ground Pepper
1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese

-Place bread in a buttered 9x13 baking dish. Top bread with 1 cup cheddar, tomatoes, broccoli, and 1 Tbsp parsley.
-In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, salt, milk, and pepper. Pour egg mixture over bread and gently press to soak every cube.
-Add dollops of ricotta over top. Add remaining cheddar.
-Cover and refrigerate for several hours or up to overnight.
-Remove strata from refrigerator and bring to room temperature, about 1 hour.
-Bake at 350 degrees until strata is puffed and lightly golden brown, about 1 hour.
-Let cool 10 minutes.
-Garnish with remaining parsley.


*Don't Forget to enter the Making Memories Giveaway. It ends tomorrow and I don't think anybody has entered*

1 comment:

A Restful Place said...

Thanks for coming by and commenting on my blog www.arestful-place.blogspot.com :)

This recipe looks yummy! :) I'm your newest follower! :)

Blessings -