Sunday, November 6, 2011

Egg Replacer


Thankfully Dieter can have eggs, but I know there are many people with an egg allergy. I have used this is some recipes and I think it works great! This is from my Reversing Food Allergies cooking class.

For each egg you need to replace, use 1 tablespoon flax or chia seeds soaked in 1/4 to 1/3 cup of filtered water.

Simply put the flax or chia seeds in a saucepan and add the water, and warm it up for about 10-15 minutes on the stove. You can also just soak overnight at room temperature.

Discard the seeds and just use the “gel” (it will look like egg white).

If you want to make a fluffier baked good (that normally requires baking powder, which is not allowed), simply beat the chia/flax gel prior to folding

1 comment:

daisy g said...

Another one I need to try! Thanks!